Monday, May 18, 2009

15 weeks...

Our growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces, about the size of an APPLE! Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If we shine a flashlight at my tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for our baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds.
(fyi...had to clarify this for Carter...so I better explain for anyone else reading this too! Every other week I say "she" or "he" because we don't know the sex yet and I prefer to not call our baby "it"! Ha! So please don't read this thinking we know it is a girl...we don't know yet!!! But will SOON!!)
Our next doctor appt is tomorrow, Tues 19th! We get to hear the heartbeat again and schedule our 20 wk appt when we will hopefully find out the sex! Woo Hoo!!
We have felt so blessed that our first pregnancy has gone very smoothly to this point. I have not been sick and have truly enjoyed being pregnant! We know that not every pregnancy is easy and has its difficulties...so we are praising the Lord for allowing us to make it this far with no complications or illness. Thank you so very much for your prayers and your love!

1 comment:

The Fitzgerald's said...

It's so good to hear that you are feeling well. It pains me to hear about people that went through what I went through!! We too, are excited to find out what you are having!! FUN TIMES